Tuesday, November 17, 2009

New Design


Yesterday I worked on a new design for my upcoming etsy business. Up until now I have only been working with gemstones. But I found some beautiful swarovski pearls in a powder almond colour and just had to buy them. Then I found a rhinestone pendant, also by swarovski, and the design just came together. Originally it was going to be a choker, but the asymmetrical design lent itself better to a slightly longer necklace. Now, I know there are hundreds, probably thousands of jewellery pieces being sold on etsy using swarovski pearls, but now I know why. They have a great weight to them, a beautiful luster, and are a real pleasure to work with. I find that this almond colour goes equally well both with sterling and gold-filled wire, which makes the colour very accommodating. Now I am on to making some matching earrings!

No comments:

Post a Comment