Thursday, November 26, 2009






I wonder, is there any way that I could just make jewellery all day and someone else can photograph it, do my accounting and filing and generally take care of everything else to do with my business? I guess that's called a partner. I find it a lot easier to spend hours on the development and creation of my pieces, but when it comes time for everything else, it feels like that dreaded "w" word - "work". Until now, it's felt a lot like "play"!






However, when I do get a decent photograph that accurately represents my piece, it is exciting. I know how important photographs are to selling online, so I refuse to post any jewellery until my photos are up to snuff. I already see an improvement over my first few sessions, but then I compared the recent ones to etsy sellers like PoleStar and realized I have a LONG way to go! I'm determined, though, so given enough time, I'm sure I'll get there!






As for the rest of the boring business details, I'm taking that slow. I had hoped to have my etsy shop up before Christmas, but I can see that's not going to happen. I don't even have my velvet bags yet, so I can't take a proper picture of my packaging. All in good time, I guess!






On a brighter note, I made a really pretty red coral necklace last night. I always figure a piece is a success when I feel a distinct desire to keep it for myself! I also started a couple of lariats, but am waiting for my headpins before I can finish. Must remember: don't run out of headpins! I did make a couple of bracelets that I'm happy with though. One is two different shades of blue pearls that I have had since Orangeville, and the other using the beautiful peridots I got from Bamiyan.



No comments:

Post a Comment